• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germany 2 - OZ 0

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we need

a) Someone who can catch in goal
    b) Joe Cole to start on the left wing
    c) Give Michael Dawson a start now against the "weaker" teams and see how he fares
    d) Crouch instead of Heskey

I thought the main problem was that we were a bit disorganised as some of the players haven't played together much. We scored a good goal though, and made a couple of other chances, so once we settle down I think we could do OK.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I think we need

a) Someone who can catch in goal
      b) Joe Cole to start on the left wing
      c) Give Michael Dawson a start now against the "weaker" teams and see how he fares
      d) Crouch instead of Heskey

I thought the main problem was that we were a bit disorganised as some of the players haven't played together much. We scored a good goal though, and made a couple of other chances, so once we settle down I think we could do OK.
      b - I agree. I couldn't believe he started with Milner and then brought Sean Wright-Phillips on on the left. Joe Cole is twice the player either of them are.
      c - I doubt it will happen, the fact that he was a late replacement means he has to be at the back of the queue, otherwise it's like admitting Capello made a mistake bringing Carragher and Upson ahead of Dawson.
      d - I think Rooney up front on his own with any one of Gerard, Lampard or Cole supporting him would be better. Rooney has been scoring for fun on his own at United this season.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Nah. Just get Messrs Rooney, gerrard et. al playing effectively...
        Indeed. And as for the team, I'd back Capello's judgement against any of us amateurs in here.

Comment

Working...
        X