• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The reason we need a Capital punishment option

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    We already have marmite crisps doncha know.
    Now we just need to mix them with banana chips for the perfect snack.

Anyway, the point is, 40 years is still a loooooong time. Longer than I've been on the planet.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Now we just need to mix them with banana chips for the perfect snack.

Anyway, the point is, 40 years is still a loooooong time. Longer than I've been on the planet.
      What a perfectly revolting idea. Banana. With marmite? You should do some time just for suggesting that.

It is a long time. Longer than I've been on the planet too. But not long enough.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

It is a long time. Longer than I've been on the planet too. But not long enough.
        If that's your opinion, you need to become a High Court judge to enforce it.

I pretty much agree that life should mean no chance of parole in the case of child killers, but the system we have pretty much works. I don't think the cost/benefit is there to change it.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          40 years?

Pah!

You should try 4 millennia.
          Did you meet Moses?

Comment

If that's your opinion, you need to become a High Court judge to enforce it.
            Um, yes - thanks for that.

One can still hold an opinion on the matter though...
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Um, yes - thanks for that.

One can still hold an opinion on the matter though...
              I would fight to the death* for your right to hold it...

* this might be a slight exaggeration.

Comment

I would fight to the death* for your right to hold it...

Thank you. I will ignore the asterix and take you at your word.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

We already have marmite crisps doncha know.
                  My how time flies.

Or was that déja vu?
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Did you eat Moses?

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                      Couldn't agree less AP. Life should mean life for these villains. Simples
                      I'm not saying I agree with letting people out early. I am just saying the reason they are let out could be economic.
                      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X