• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour Investment versus Tory Cuts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i wonder how long it'll be before we have our first round of public sector strikes?

Comment

Originally posted by crimdon View Post
      So i wonder how long it'll be before we have our first round of public sector strikes?
      How much public sympathy will they get?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I keep hearing/seeing the last lot trying to have a pop at the current policies, it's hilarious as they don't have a shred of credibility left. Yes the fiscal stimulus was needed to keep the lights on but they were pissing money into numerous black holes for years with negligable return and the effect of growing the public sector into an unsustainable enormous vampire squid with liabilities stretching forward for decades.
        Yes - it's the economy, stupid but how about considering the possibility of a downturn and stashing a bit for when it starts pissing down. twunts - I wouldn't let them organise my shoes...

Comment

Originally posted by crimdon View Post
          Spain unions see 75 percent public sector strike take-up
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Yes, erm…

Spain's unions said 75 percent of public sector workers went on strike to protest against an austerity package on Tuesday, although many hospitals, schools and government offices in Madrid reported few disruptions.

I rest my case.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
            X