• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Melanie Philips - what a moron.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    The CUK thicko has just piped up from the back of the class again.
    Its as if he's desperate to for everyone to know what a moron he is, bit like Suity couldn't help revealing what a bedwetter he was.

Just can't help biting can you sas? So easy!
    Bullied at school I expect.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I mentioned this thread over dinner tonight and the woman has nothing less than complete hatred of Wakefield and the press on this topic.

She mentioned that he will never be allowed to practice medicine in this country again because he has been found to be incompetent, dangerous and irresponsible. He was struck off for these reasons. Paying children at a party to provide blood samples for his research is just madness.

Perhaps some of the members of the forum would like to have him as their family doctor. I doubt I would. Each to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Bad Science by Ben Goldacre should be required reading.
        Read about that book just now including the chapter he was not allowed to publish.

http://www.badscience.net/files/The-...ue-You-Now.pdf

Good reading.

I am of the opinion that if you want to review a drug in the press you should be a doctor, stop the press running with "zyban, tell your doctor to get you on this now" then 6 months down the line "zyban, why was this drug ever allowed?" which happened in most papers.

I think I mentioned on this thread (might have been another) that if you shouted fire in a packed cinema and the panic caused a death you would be banged up. Children have died because of Wakefield and the press.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

She mentioned that he will never be allowed to practice medicine in this country again because he has been found to be incompetent, dangerous and irresponsible. He was struck off for these reasons.
          Absolute rubbish, he was struck off for rocking the boat, and the unforgiveable sin of jeopardizing the NHS budget by scaring people away from triple vaccines. Even if no link is ever proved, he was absolutely right to investigate the possibility in the way he did, if official avenues for research were deliberately closed to him as I'm sure they were.

Paying children at a party to provide blood samples for his research is just madness.
          If he had done exactly that in the course of research on passive smoking, or some equally trendy and approved medical obsession, everyone would have applauded his enterprise.

Perhaps some of the members of the forum would like to have him as their family doctor.
          I'd be quite happy to have him as my doctor.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I am of the opinion that if you want to review a drug in the press you should be a doctor.
            Actually doctors are relatively poorly trained in evidence-based medicine - which is the new watchword.
            I'd rather a trained statistician reviewed the evidence from clinical trials of any drug.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Absolute rubbish, he was struck off for rocking the boat, and the unforgiveable sin of jeopardizing the NHS budget by scaring people away from triple vaccines. Even if no link is ever proved, he was absolutely right to investigate the possibility in the way he did, if official avenues for research were deliberately closed to him as I'm sure they were.

If he had done exactly that in the course of research on passive smoking, or some equally trendy and approved medical obsession, everyone would have applauded his enterprise.

What a pile of absolute sh1te.
              One can only wish he was your doctor, it would be Darwinian selection at work.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

wow , this is waayy better than mumsnet

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It was nothing to do with the NHS, you obviously do not understand that it was the GMC who chucked him out.

His research consisted of nothing more than asking 12 sets of parents if they thought their child's autism started after the MMR vaccine. The trial was not blind, there was no control group, his subjects were selected by him and much of it was from opinion. It would have failed a school maths project.

Despite the fact that there have been trials of using data from millions of children to prove the vaccine does not cause autism half wits like you are still none the wiser.

I don't know how some people get on in life displaying such stupidity. Honestly, how do you do it?

Comment

Another idiot who believes what he reads in the press. Try thinking for yourself for a change it can actually be quite enlightening. Even better conduct some real research into the topics you support so enthusiastically.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X