• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Land of the midnight Sun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Yup. Always properly light at 04:30 / 04:45 when baby is up for the day, it's quite nice.
    Seems to start getting light around 4.45am (I'm only awakeish due to Norpusses bouncing about the place).
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Yup. Always properly light at 04:30 / 04:45 when baby is up for the day, it's quite nice.
      Sorry 04:45 is not day, it's still bedtime for me. Don't know how you do it MP.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

@ Nor, I lock mine in the conservatory now and forget what a pain they can be.

@ AP: I am starting to struggle recently, I must admit!
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Off to Argos for some black-out blinds, oh and an alarm clock. Sorted!
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

We had rubber curtains in alesund at the Radisson in Norway -

Strangely I found that my body would adapt with less sleep
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Sunrise, Sunset Calendars and Local Time

useful link

@MP - it gets better and is well worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Sunrise, Sunset Calendars and Local Time

useful link

@MP - it gets better and is well worth it!

Ah, thank you! It better had, because between the lack of sleep, abuse from the ex and stress at work - I am close to battering someone to death with a spoon.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  Working from home way up north at the moment.
                  Found myself going to bed very late at night, look outside at 21:00 it looks like 17:00
                  This morning woke up and the sun was shinning brightly, thought I had over slept, look like 10:00, it was only 7:00.

How do the other up north CUK's handle these long long days.
                  I was working one place, living in Helsinki, I went and bought some black card from an art suppliers and blocked the windows.

It was a new apartment block and they didn't have curtains.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Ah, thank you! It better had, because between the lack of sleep, abuse from the ex and stress at work - I am close to battering someone to death with a spoon.
                    Do you do requests?

If so, I'll PM you.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                      Do you do requests?

If so, I'll PM you.
                      Not unless they involve actual death, no.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X