• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another permie candidate just turned down my role!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Jesus!!!! Thats my old pass photo!!!!!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Similar problem to me. Contract no.1 is 3 days a week which finished in March and was extended until the end of the year. Last week they asked if I could do 4-5 days a week from sometime in June onwards as although they're advertising for a permie they can't get one. Contract no.2 (actually more of a B2B thingie as I get POs and don't have a contract) which is 2 days a week has just been extended for another 60 man days and they want me to do more days a week and then other projects after that. The 3rd project is just starting to take off with the first customer presentation/demonstration is a couple of weeks and if all goes well and a sale is made then have another 20-30 customers lined up. There is just not enough time in the week at the moment and I'm knackered
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Contract no.2 (actually more of a B2B thingie as I get POs and don't have a contract) which is 2 days a week has just been extended for another 60 man days and they want me to do more days a week and then other projects after that
        Whats quite interesting about this project is that last year another company who have a real 'in' there put me forward to do some work there but wass turned down as I didn't have enough experience. For this project they looked at a load of candidates and quite often they use some company who provide East Europeans (primarily Russians) as they're good in this area and cheap. Although I wasn't the cheapest by far nor had the experience (never done it before, just bits and pieces related) they picked me. And they still haven't cottoned on to the fact that they turned me down last year
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
        X