• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Comparison of 1st-class rail travel operators

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the availability if these free tickets like? Presumably they have to be booked way in advance on the commuter trains
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

East Midland trains offer nowt much on first.
      Slightly bigger seats, orange juice and a miniature breakfast bar in the morning. Tea, coffee and water. and the financial times.

You have to pay extra for breakfast or any other food.

In the evening you get tea, coffee, water, some paltry red and white wine that would suffice as drain cleaner and a small packet of peanuts.
      This is only available till 7pm and they stop serving wine after that.

Not worth paying £900 odd a month for on my season ticket.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        what is the availability if these free tickets like? Presumably they have to be booked way in advance on the commuter trains
        Nope - I never had any problems with Virgin Traveller it was great - 6 months 1st class return travel from Manchester to London free

I've even booked the same day and got me ticket.
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          Nope - I never had any problems with Virgin Traveller it was great - 6 months 1st class return travel from Manchester to London free

I've even booked the same day and got me ticket.
          Get in!! I was planning on spending the money for the whole year. Nice to know I can stump up the cash for the 13 weeks at the start of the contract and then get it for free!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            Get in!! I was planning on spending the money for the whole year. Nice to know I can stump up the cash for the 13 weeks at the start of the contract and then get it for free!
            You only need to pay for the 8 weeks - double Boom!

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
              I used to travel every morning from Sheffield to Nottingham - I was alone in First every day.

Nice Polynesian stewardesses used to serve me fresh orange juice dripping off their full rounded breasts.

You can't beat Virgintrains - all for £11 return per day.
              Funny place to keep orange juice

Comment

Working...
              X