• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

News of the World - a danger to democracy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

???

Originally posted by AtW
    My posts intended to enrich me with more knowledge in this area, which sadly is not happening - it seems to me that fan-atics of football are too conservative and just pray the odds will be in their favour.
    I understand what each of the words mean, but the sentence......
    Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      My posts intended to enrich me with more knowledge in this area, which sadly is not happening - it seems to me that fan-atics of football are too conservative and just pray the odds will be in their favour.
      So with the weight of your 'very limited knowledge' behind you, you feel sufficiently qualified to start slagging off the most successful England manager of recent times? How is that a basis from which to enrich your knowledge? See here for some idea of why many proper football fans are backing Sven against the tawdry NOTW. Nobody thinks he's the greatest manager in the world, but we aren't going to get anybody better in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by Paco
        So with the weight of your 'very limited knowledge' behind you, you feel sufficiently qualified to start slagging off the most successful England manager of recent times?
        Why not? So far the only half-reasonable arguement that was voiced is that World Cup is too close and no obvious manager can replace him now.

I am tracking English games and I can't see how he can be even remotely called successful - he is the most lucky that's for sure - I mean England lost games to ridiculous teams and Sven's main reason to be sure he will make it out of the group because at least 2 teams there are a joke.

Comment

He has been more successful than any of his predecessors in the past 15 years. I didn't say he had actually won anything. And you don't qualify for major tournaments through luck. You can be lucky (and unlucky) in one off games, but the teams that eventually qualify do so on merit.

Please now explain who you think could do the job better, and how the FA should go about recruiting him (or her).

Comment

He has been more successful than any of his predecessors in the past 15 years.
            Just how worse were the managers before him - were they losing to Wales more than 4 to 1? Or some other obscure country that Sven lost game to?

Please now explain who you think could do the job better, and how the FA should go about recruiting him (or her).
            Mourinho - make him an offer he can't refuse - get fans to pay tenner towards hiring REALLY good manager. It should have been done even BEFORE he joined Chelsea - in the worst case hire the guy who spotted Mourinho and made sure Abramovich bought him.

Mourinho is good - the guy before him in Chelsea made feck all difference despite lots of money paid for players, and if I remember correctly Mourinho came to spotlight by getting not so great team to win, which is why I say the guy who demonstrates best dymanics in tough conditions should get the job - in this case with MORE resources he is likely to perform even better when he had feck all.

Comment

It seems also to be the case with

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Thankfully, Giant Alien Lizards are excused knowledge of football & other ball games.

Oh, the relief...

expatriot Russians, but that doesn't stop Alexei......
              Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                I am tracking English games and I can't see how he can be even remotely called successful.
                Alexei, I am an expert on English football.

The reason Erikkson is "remotely successful" is because England have qualified for the past three tournaments, and reached the quarter finals of the first two. That is not to be dismissed.

Nevertheless, he is a mediocre coach. Hoddle was much better.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                  Alexei, I am an expert on English football.
                  Would you agree that its the #1 place - World Champions - that really matters, everything else - 2nd, 3rd or 8th are all crap, especially 2nd because its most annoying to fail just at the last stage?

Comment

>Hoddle was much better

Rubbish, he was prejudiced against disabled people and always refused to pick them. Rooney would never have got a game.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                      Mourinho - make him an offer he can't refuse - get fans to pay tenner towards hiring REALLY good manager. It should have been done even BEFORE he joined Chelsea - in the worst case hire the guy who spotted Mourinho and made sure Abramovich bought him.

Mourinho is good - the guy before him in Chelsea made feck all difference despite lots of money paid for players, and if I remember correctly Mourinho came to spotlight by getting not so great team to win, which is why I say the guy who demonstrates best dymanics in tough conditions should get the job - in this case with MORE resources he is likely to perform even better when he had feck all.
                      Alexei, a good club manager is not necessarily a good national manager.

The demands are very different, and an international manager has very little time to implement the way he wants the team to play, which might be totally different to what a player is doing for his club.

Among leading nations there are some managers who have been relatively successful for both club and country, but not many.

Comment

Working...
                      X