• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

News of the World - a danger to democracy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The News of the World use tactics for obtaining their version of the truth based on them being deceptive in the first place so they need to look at themselves first before judging others.

These sting operations do not actually prove anything apart from the fact that people talk too much when someone else is buying the drinks - its actions that count. The News of the World is actively trying to destroy Englands chances in the World Cup as they normally do -and if England do well they no doubt will claim credit for it.

Their behaviour is treachery

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
      What ******* chance have England got of hiring Mourinho for the job?
      Why did not England hire him before Chelsea did? Sven is paid as much as Mourinho and I don't think he does 1/10th of the job - he does not even have to pay for players he wants FFS, he just selects the best without consideration for ridiculous costs!

Sven is sh1te, and what's worse I am convinced that he follows very simple old principle - just drag it on as long as possible, he gets paid handsomely even in case of failure! I mean FFS, what kind of ridiculous contract is that? If I remember correctly at one time when Brazil or Argentina lost final their players and managers had to get home incognito - they certainly did not get huge "loss" bonus!

Comment

Originally posted by privateeye
        Their behaviour is treachery
        Why? They only created situation that Sven was in so many times and obtained HIS VERSION OF TRUTH, you know the truth he tells to people who are rich sheiks, News of the World did good public service in exposing Sven for who he is.

Comment

Sven is not tulipe

he may not be the best manager but he's the best manager england can afford aty the moment. OK, the FA screwed up writing his contract, but hey that's management for you, completely clueless.
          I ask again, in what way is undermining Sven's position at this time any help to england?
          Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
            I ask again, in what way is undermining Sven's position at this time any help to england?
            You sound like a guy who likes the truth only if the timing suits you -- AFAIK its not the first time Sven shown his true colours, it just so happens that World Cup is not far away, big deal - it just a reminder that action on him should have been taken much much earlier.

What other good managers? Well, I don't know the guy who manages Wigan, but they sure as hell shown that a crap side can raise pretty high up in Premiership - and he plays more games than Sven every did for England! Surely the guy who managed to get his club high up without big money, can manage national team where has free pick of the best players??!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              What other good managers? Well, I don't know the guy who manages Wigan, but they sure as hell shown that a crap side can raise pretty high up in Premiership - and he plays more games than Sven every did for England! Surely the guy who managed to get his club high up without big money, can manage national team where has free pick of the best players??!?!?!
              I doubt the clubs would see it like you do...they would fight (as they already do) over handing a free pick of their best players to a coach of a national team!

I think you are talkin out your backside Alexi...you clearly have a problem with the truth unless its the truth as according to the news of the world

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                I doubt the clubs would see it like you do...they would fight (as they already do) over handing a free pick of their best players to a coach of a national team!
                Clubs certainly don't want to risk their expensive players getting injury in competition that does not benefit clubs directly - it is already the case but there are rules that force them to allow players play and that's it really - they can b1tch all they want but they have to obey the rules. Under my plan overpriced tw@ts like Beckham and Ferdinand can stay where they are - clubs will be actually happy, and more ambitious people who want to play to win will get the place - like Rooney for example. Surely if more people like him were given chances and better coaching, then the team would become much stronger?

IMO there should be rule that would ensure 50% team rotation to avoid people taking places for granted.

Comment

What's wrong with looking to your next contract?

Comment

AtW, in your third post you state that :
                    My knowledge of football is very limited
                    Were your subsequent posts in this thread intended only to reinforce that position?

Comment

Originally posted by Paco
                      Were your subsequent posts in this thread intended only to reinforce that position?
                      My posts intended to enrich me with more knowledge in this area, which sadly is not happening - it seems to me that fan-atics of football are too conservative and just pray the odds will be in their favour.

Comment

Working...
                      X