• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Answer these questions to find out if you're a real IT person.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0. Which is the first computer you wrote a program for? PDP11/23 - wrote Bezerk emulation in FORTRAN for school open day on DEC VT terminals
    1. Which is the first computer you owned? BBC Micro Model B
    2. How many langauges have you seriously programmed in (work or play)? 8086 Assembler, FORTRAN 77, PASCAL ... C# - too many to remember
    3. How many years have you made a living out of IT (programming or otherwise). Including doing people's IT projects for cash at Uni, 25 years
    4. Do you enjoy programming or is it a chore? It's fun in the design phase, but a chore and every now and then I look at the alternatives and the divorce debts and that keeps me going
    5. Do you know what vi is and have you used it? yes and yes
    Last edited by hyperD; 30 April 2010, 09:25. Reason: A dog bit my balls hard
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      0. Which is the first computer you wrote a program for? PDP11/23 - wrote Bezerk emulation in FORTRAN for school open day on DEC VT terminals
      1. Which is the first computer you owned? BBC Micro Model B
      2. How many langauges have you seriously programmed in (work or play)? 8086 Assembler, FORTRAN 77, PASCAL ... .net 3.5 - too many to remember
      3. How many years have you made a living out of IT (programming or otherwise). Including doing people's IT projects for cash at Uni, 25 years
      4. Do you enjoy programming or is it a chore? It's fun in the design phase, but a chore and every now and then I look at the alternatives and the divorce debts and that keeps me going
      5. Do you know what vi is and have you used it? yes and yes

".net" is not a programming language.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

".net" is not a programming language.
        Corrected. C#
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
        X