• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I completely mad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

We used to do this when I was an aprentice aircraft fitter, on the shop floor we had:

Grover
    Macho man randy savage
    Clarence Boddicker
    Cuprinol man
    Peter Sutcliffe
    Hans Gruber
    The Red Skull

And many more I've long forgotton, them were the days.
    The arch villain from the Die Hard films working as an aircraft fitter?!

If volcanic dust wasn't enough, that's one more reason not to fly
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      I wear the glasses that are photochromatic and turn dark in sun. I never thought it was "paedo". How else are we men who wear glasses supposed to look cool ?
      Try the Michael Caine NHS specs look;

http://www.empireonline.com/images/f...el-caine/2.jpg

or take a look here;

See better. Rodenstock.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Sounds like something Voodooflux would love

I'm so glad you said a fella though - a girl eating 7 doughnuts (in one sitting) would be
        Amazing? Incredible?
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

.......... a girl eating 7 doughnuts (in one sitting) would be
          That reminds me of the IT Directors PA.... "The Pig".....

It wasn't cos she could eat 7 doughnuts.... although she could...
          It wasn't cos she was fat.... although <ahem> she wasn't exactly thin...
          It wasn't cos she was "Pig Ugly"..... although she wasn't an oil painting....
          It wasn't even that she smelt like a Sty.... although she wasn't exactly <ahem> clean......

No it was because........... she squealed like a pig when she was being "Poked"......

as witnessed by the whole IT department attending the Xmas party one year... standing on the sports club balcony while she "entertained" an unidentified (to this day) "gentleman friend" underneath said balcony.....

about 10 minutes later the room fell silent as she came back to the Party....... the IT Director smoothly covered the moment "Ah Hello Xxxxxx you look a little flushed - warm isn't it?"

Comment

I used to work with "Mr Floppy"

Then Mr Floppy left IT and ran for a seat in parliament, then a funny person who used to work with him, not me, decided to add his special name to his election posters...

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
              That reminds me of the IT Directors PA.... "The Pig".....

It wasn't cos she could eat 7 doughnuts.... although she could...
              It wasn't cos she was fat.... although <ahem> she wasn't exactly thin...
              It wasn't cos she was "Pig Ugly"..... although she wasn't an oil painting....
              It wasn't even that she smelt like a Sty.... although she wasn't exactly <ahem> clean......

No it was because........... she squealed like a pig when she was being "Poked"......

as witnessed by the whole IT department attending the Xmas party one year... standing on the sports club balcony while she "entertained" an unidentified (to this day) "gentleman friend" underneath said balcony.....

about 10 minutes later the room fell silent as she came back to the Party....... the IT Director smoothly covered the moment "Ah Hello Xxxxxx you look a little flushed - warm isn't it?"
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Mrs KGB is on the prowl. Like to guess why she’s called KGB?

Comment

Having a gent that i didn't actually work with described as "you know the one, he looks like a kiddy fiddler", yep straight away knew the one.

Then I got to actually work with him and he is really sound!! Shame cos now its stuck in my head for all time.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

We have a "stinky" in our office too. Everyone knows him as stinky and he does stink.

He's the IT boy.

We also have a paedo... he wears those really creepy glasses - you know, that go darker when the sunshines or it's bright but they aren't actually sunglasses <shudder>
                    LOL, I'm SO glad you said that, I've been saying for ages that anyone who wears reactolite glasses should be instantly on the sex offenders register
                    The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven

Comment

New one; Mr Waldorf Salad

5 tester points to be won for the first guess why.

Comment

Working...
                      X