• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a wonderful day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a wagtail that couldn't be bothered to wag its tail, as it ran about in clientco car park

Perhaps they're evolving into a new species to be called a "tail".
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      I saw a wagtail that couldn't be bothered to wag its tail, as it ran about in clientco car park

It mystifies me how people can tell birds apart. Not only are bird species often so similar, but the male and female differences further clouds any distinction, as well as size with age. You also need fantastic eyesight. A pigeon is about all I can recognise, but even that would be suspect if it were put in an alien environment where similar species might exist. Maybe I could recognise a robin too, but only if it's got an orange bit and other birds don't.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I think it just wasn't hungry: they wag their tail to flush out their prey: small insects.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Maybe I could recognise a robin too, but only if it's got an orange bit and other birds don't.

red

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

red

Looks orange to me. I see from there that the juvenile has no 'red' colouring, so I'd stand no chance identifying that.

Comment

yes wasn't it marvellous

did the bit of gardening that was needed in the morning.

Then spent the rest of the day with the kids playing around - even got the paddling pool out!

finished off with a nice bbq!

life does not get much better than this!

Comment

Working...
              X