• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's whisky is ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    hahahaaha does this mean i succeed where others have failed?

hmmm fold up bike and hybrid car spring to mind, sounds very metro to me
    Brompton - only ridden by the middle aged.
    And I don't have a hybrid car - I used to be interested in cars but only Alfas
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Highland Park 18 year old after the Thai effort earlier.

Weep for the wasted years...
      Me, me, me...

Comment

I've gone down the cognac side frapin champagne grande cru.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I used to be interested in cars but only Alfas
          Oi grumpy! Wash your mouth out with Castrol GTX!
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            Oi grumpy! Wash your mouth out with Castrol GTX!
            And what's wrong with Alfas?????
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Got an bottle of Old Pulteney 12 year old on Friday and just got round to a glass. Was given a neat shot in the shop and did not think to much of it but it really opens up with a touch of water. Slightly sweet and almost rum like. Very nice.

Comment

What do you think SAS looks like? I see Louis Theroux in my mind.

Close?
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  What do you think SAS looks like?
                  I envisage "Mr Bean meets Gok Wan"!!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Got an bottle of Old Pulteney 12 year old on Friday and just got round to a glass. Was given a neat shot in the shop and did not think to much of it but it really opens up with a touch of water. Slightly sweet and almost rum like. Very nice.
                    Most whiskies wil benefit from a touch of water to open up the flavour.

Your best bet is use use a neutral mineral water rather than tap and room temp, not ice cold.

also get yourself some of these glasses they work wonderfully with some of the cask matured whiskies and really bring out more flavour than a tumbler.
                    You'd be amazed at the diiference in flavour between the different types of glasses.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

a few weeks ago in Livigno I bought a bottle of Macellan Whiskey Maker's Choice or Favourite or something

is it a good one or a bad one ?

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X