• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The £squillion public banking bail out ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still none the wiser guys.

Given the current stat d'affaire (excuse my rubbish french), I'm surprised & maybe a bit frustrated the answer to this pretty goddamn fundamental question is so elusive.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Savers are earning negative interest
      Balls.

Show me a bank or building society that is advertising a negative interest rate.

(I expect you might mean relative to inflation. Well tough, what law of the universe states that you're entitled to make money on your savings?)

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate View Post
        I'm still none the wiser guys.

Given the current stat d'affaire (excuse my rubbish french), I'm surprised & maybe a bit frustrated the answer to this pretty goddamn fundamental question is so elusive.
        Well I’d have thought it was an easy question too, but apparently we are now entering a phase of quantum economics in which money can be both real and fake, both lent and given, all at the same time. A bit like a photon, but more expensive.

as I say, me not understand either.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Balls.

Show me a bank or building society that is advertising a negative interest rate.

(I expect you might mean relative to inflation. Well tough, what law of the universe states that you're entitled to make money on your savings?)
          I never said negative interest rate. I didn't cover savers entitlement to make money on savings because that's not directly relevant to the observation that we are still bailing out the banks. Or rather that savers and house buyers are.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            Balls.
            What does the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families have to do with it? You're really clouding the issue now.

Comment

Working...
            X