• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

6 Weeks today!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Vicious rumor - he's counting down to our holidays!
    Will he be reading Socrates..........
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      Will he be reading Socrates..........
      No...
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I remember a thread a week ago where Churchy was wondering where to go for his stag..
        Last edited by FiveTimes; 14 April 2010, 09:07.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          I remember a thread a week ago where he was wondering where to go for his stag..
          I was explaining that I'd been to the Embassy Club for my first Stag and that I didn't know where I was going to go for the next one...

Nice try though

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            No...
            What about Gibbon:

The Germans treated their women with esteem and confidence, consulted them on every occasion of importance, and fondly believed that in their breasts resided a sanctity and wisdom more than human."

Chapter 9 The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
              What about Gibbon:

The Germans treated their women with esteem and confidence, consulted them on every occasion of importance, and fondly believed that in their breasts resided a sanctity and wisdom more than human."

Chapter 9 The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire
              What about:

"The Wisdom of Marcus Aurelius"?

Comment

Marcus Aurelius's Meditations are a good read and can be comforting when things are down.. When I go rome to Rome I invariably end up in the Capitoline Museum reading him whilst gazing at his equestrian statue.

Comment

I clearly no longer understand what agents or hiring managers want these days so I'll be reading 'The Art of War' on my £9.50 'Sun' caravan holiday this year.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                  X