• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Referral bonus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to which the answer is "that makes no difference - it's your own silly fault for asking me for a referral instead of just placing them off your database"

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      I've just been told in the past- "Oh, he/she was already on our database thanks.".
      That's BS, fact is they may never have called them if it wasn't for you letting them know they might be available.

I once shared a referral fee 50/50 with the person involved. In the current economic climate I'm happy to recommend people to agents I have worked with in the past for free to keep good business relations with these 'decent' agents, hoping they'll remember me in the future.

Comment

I've just been told in the past- "Oh, he/she was already on our database thanks.".
        I worked beside a permie in an IB who got someone in for an interview and the gig was offered and accepted, bloke was waiting for his 2 grand then they pulled the "sorry he was on out database 5 & 1/2" months ago".

FFS give the bloke his 2 grand, he left shortly after and was a top coder who knew his stuff. HR saved 2 grand but the department probably got shafted 10 times that getting someone new up to speed.

Comment

Yeah, that's the lie they fob me off with too.

I'd be less annoyed if they were honest and said we're not going to pay anything.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Well, to wrap up this thread, I just got 200 quid (in vouchers) after the guy I referred had been on site for 3 months. I'm happy with that, especially as the school holidays start today and I can get the kids something nice as a treat. Or I could just not mention it. Hmm, what to do, what to do.

Comment

Congrats on the referral.

My manager at Barclays was offered £1000 per head by FI Group if he replaced his contractors with Indians from one of their subsiduaries.

I was an FI Contractor at the time. This was just before they rebranded to "Xansa" - Bastards!

This is not anecdotal. It really happened and I have a copy of the email.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                Well, to wrap up this thread, I just got 200 quid (in vouchers)
                Let's say the person that got placed was on £40k salary. An agency going rate would be about 30% first year salary and you've just done it for 0.5%, in vouchers. Go get 'em tiger!

Comment

I turned down a (derisory) referral fee and put two guys through my books instead.

Made £35K...
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                    Let's say the person that got placed was on £40k salary. An agency going rate would be about 30% first year salary and you've just done it for 0.5%, in vouchers. Go get 'em tiger!
                    I know. But I wasn't expecting anything. And I did nothing more than say, "Yeah, I do happen to know someone - here's his email address..." So, I'm a sucker, but I'm quite happy. A happy sucker. What more could one ask for.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                      I know. But I wasn't expecting anything. And I did nothing more than say, "Yeah, I do happen to know someone - here's his email address..." So, I'm a sucker, but I'm quite happy. A happy sucker. What more could one ask for.
                      You also helped someone get a role.

Fair f**ks to ya!

Spod - In "Plastic Paddy" mode!

Comment

Working...
                      X