• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Robbed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you've got insurance (which you should) You will be able to claim that back.

If you haven't sort it out now....
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Oh and everyone else, a dog hurting itself is not summat to make fun of.

The worse thing is that vets make a mint on things like this.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        The worse thing is that vets spent years at Uni learning more than a surgeon does and had to pass a shedload of really hard exams and has to put up with pet owners and whereas when a human patient dies they don't complain, pet owners do complain..
        FTFY
        You know what you wanna do with that right, you wanna put a bangin' donk on it!
        Put a donk on it!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          You are getting a degree trained animal doctor to come out on a Saturday evening at short notice.
          Most vets are trained to doctorate level.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicely Nicely View Post
            FTFY
            I am aware of the level of training that vets go through and that they are very qualified indeed.

But as someone who volunteers with an animal rescue charity, a lot of our money goes on vet bills. (£40k was last years spend)

I'm lucky in that the one I use charges reasonable prices for consultations, where they make their money is from the markups on medication and food.

Unfortunately there are an unscrupulous few (irrespective of qualifications) who charge through the nose and often recommend unwarranted medication or supplements for animals and charge a lot of money for it.

Those who do have animals should get insurance to cover any unforseen instances, if someone says they cant afford the £5-£10 a month for insurance, then they shouldn't even have a pet.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Pooch has impailed herself on a stick. Running with it in her mouth, and caught one end on the ground and ran onto it. Ouch.

She is now sitting in her basket, shaking. Called the vets.

Out of hours vet. Initial consultation £109 + VAT
              Treatment on top.

Dirty robbing b*stards.
              Would you attend ClientCo for an emergency call out on Saturday night and charge less?
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                Would you attend ClientCo for an emergency call out on Saturday night and charge less?
                Nail on head.

Comment

The vet is probably cheaper than an emergency plumber.

ZipMog02 managed to rip a hole in his chest a couple of years ago. I took him to the vet and they still charged £140 (antibiotics, tetanus, stitches etc). He was insured though so that saved me £100 (and - more importantly - they really looked after him). £140 is not a huge sum, but if he had broken his leg it could have been 100's more so glad the mogs are insured.
                  I'm pleased SYPooch is feeling better.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Oh and everyone else, a dog hurting itself is not summat to make fun of.

The worse thing is that vets make a mint on things like this.
                    If you own a dog you have to come into these things eyes wide open, correct?

I see no point whinging when your stupid 4 legged friend you bought to give you some kind of emotional refuge buggers itself up being stupid.

Dog owners are emotionally selfish, they expect an animal to comfort them and see their animal to somehow add to their life. Emotional slavery.

Have the dog put down and let its continued sufering at an end.

Comment

Working...
                    X