• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It seems turkeys do vote for Christmas...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrollyBonce View Post
    Peter Gershon is an academic twat and his recommendations are not worth the paper I used to wipe my arse.

The Gershon Review of a few years back was a farce and its consequences surreal.

For example, local authorities were expected to achieve £x of 'Gershon efficiencies'. If they spent £15m on a new system, that was £15m of investment into Gershon efficiencies. If it saved £2m, that was £2m of savings to include in your Gershon efficiencies. Outcome: £17m of Gershon efficiencies. Reality: £13m wasted uneccessarily.

That happened all over the UK in local authorities: adding big spends to small savings to get a total positive figure and calling it a 'Gerson efficiency'.

The whole Gershon thing was a duplicitous waste of taxpayers' money.

I know because I was involved in writing the business cases that went in to the programme plans, and then saw how the benefits realisation was being calculated.

Other outcomes were the Transformation Government Strategy. What became of that? Have a look under the corner of the carpet: it was swept under there. Why? Because it was going to lose money for the likes of EDS, BT, Fujitsu and al the other usual multinational leeches and parasites that give out the backhanders to government advisers and MPs.

Peter Gershon should have been humiliated, sacked and then killed himself in shame.

In any other third world country, he would have been stood against the wall and shot.

And if the Tories cannot see that, then they are as stupid and open to false suggestions as New Labour was, and/or just as keen to knowingly tell lies to us just so they can have their turn with their noses in the trough.
    Don't hold back, let it all out.

I couldn't of put it better myself.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

Oh FFS Threaded!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Oh FFS Threaded!
        If any of the Parties were sincere in this Gov. IT malarky they'd be going to talk to someone like, well, me.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

If any of the Parties were sincere in this Gov. IT malarky they'd be going to talk to someone like, well, me.
          Oh FFS!

Comment

Working...
          X