• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nannying?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm. I don't think you'll get many arguments there Denny. But the issue is how Blair implements it.

If New Labour's track record on new legislation is anything to go be, it will be an incompetent mess, with uncertainty, ineffectuality, and a plethora of unintended consequences. Only this time, it can affect anyone, in their home, on the street, or anywhere else.

And that's only if Blair gets as far as trying to implement it. All his other "respect"-oriented schemes were shouted from the roof-tops for effect, to "make Tony look good", then quietly dropped when it was discovered they were unworkable.

Comment

Yes. There is a real problem here and as said above, you can't change ingrained cultural attitudes overnight, or even over 3 months. Aggressive ill behaved scummy types have been a problem for more than just the last few years. When I was at school, I spent some time doing some remedial teaching. The two girls (aged about 15) spent the 'lesson' screaming and swearing. It was pointless. These scummy types get pregnant at 16, drop a clutch of sprogs, and by age 35 find themselves living in a council house with a horde of ill behaved children terrorising the neighbours. So what do we do? Spend a fortune re-educating them? In which case why can't well behaved people get special one to one teaching too?

Did those boot camps the Tories used to be on about ever do any good?

As said above, the problem with Blair's idea is that it sounds great when you first hear it. But then when you think about it ... you see the holes. In fact the more I know about Blair, the more I think he is a first rate salesman and tactition, but beneath it all he's really a bit thick.

I'm sure some of those wagons the Nazis used to exterminate the feeble minded must be lying around ...

Fungus

Comment

Phoney Bliar was in Swindon today taking on the Chavs in the rough end of town.

Some of the these Chav Swindon "ladies" were on TV. **** me they were rough.

No amount of training or rehab is going to change these people.

Comment

Spin Spin Spin Spin, Spin luvverly spin, wonderful Spin

Does anyone really think that this law will ever, even once, be used against an agressive little thug terrorising the populace randomly?

No folks, it will be used by the "Ersatz Polizei" to make YOU eighty quid poorer when you come out of the pub and shout too loudly for a taxi or some other so-called "anti-social behaviour" like "smelling of foreign food" after a late-night curry. Meanwhile the drunken chavs smashing shop windows along the street will be left to their own devices.

Comment

Working...
          X