• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great Business Idea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    The biggest issue I see with this is that pimp's and clientco's interests and ours aren't always the same.

If clientco has an agreement with pimpco, then bad reviews won't make any difference - if you want the gig there, you have to work via badpimp.
    Clients don't give a tulip. Clients' HR give a tulip but not about contractors (or clients). Agents BS incessantly but won't stand for other people's BS: so they will shut down honest critical discussion, while spamming review sites with their inflated positive self-reviews.

And TBH contractors don't give a tulip either. If the agency comes up with the contract, and pays you, you'll do it with or without a positive review of the agency. Or if you won't, I will.

The only thing that would change all that is IT contracting becoming a profession. Not only is it clearly not so at the moment, it is the most demanding job in terms of required intelligence, knowledge, and training, that I can think of that is not an organised profession. But I do not see it becoming one, sadly.
    Last edited by expat; 6 April 2010, 23:34.

Comment

How would it be funded? How could you syphon off 500k for "web services"?

Some bloody business idea that is, eh?

Comment

Working...
      X