• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Never mind climate change, have you seen the price of a new Range Rover?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd buy one tomorrow if I had the cash.. Brilliant cars....

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I’m not convinced by the environmental arguments, but I do find large SUVs rather bad taste.
      I find them impractical around town, but I don't live in a marxist country so people are perfectly entitled to use them if they want.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I live in the country and I have a Mitsi L200 Crew Cab - If you don't live in town and have any sort of life outside work a 4x4 is an essential IMHO - even if you have something smaller in the garage.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          I find them impractical around town, but I don't live in a marxist country so people are perfectly entitled to use them if they want.
          Indeed. The moment the law regulates taste, it ceases to be taste.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
            Never mind climate change, have you seen the price of a new Range Rover?

Obviously not high enough, since people keep buying the things.

What should we do to stop people from running these monsters? A little bit of Road Tax is not doing the trick, we obviously need much more severe measures to ensure that people do not imagine that they can get away with this. But what?

Perhaps a carbon quota? If you reach your allowed quota then you are simply not allowed to generate any more, with severe criminal penalties for offenders?
            Just because you feel threatened/envious about these cars is not a good reason to ban them. I think more people should buy them for no better reason than to stick two fingers up at little lefties like you
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Yeah, carbon emissions, climate change, go green blah blah blah.

Stop the production of Ferraris, Range Rovers, Hummers.

Slap huge taxes on flights.

Pour millions into fake green projects.

Meantime, the masses in USA/China/India go about their usual life with not a care in the world despite contributing the most to all this carbon emission bull tulip.

One thing the government needs to do with immediate effect is stop harping about climate change and tackle the real needs of the country like Education and other social issues.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                Yeah, carbon emissions, climate change, go green.

And save the world
                Step outside posh boy

Comment

Meantime, the masses in USA/China/India go about their usual life with not a care in the world despite contributing the most to all this carbon emission bull tulip.

One thing the government needs to do with immediate effect is stop harping about climate change and tackle the real needs of the country like Education and other social issues.
                  fully agree and what about those large refrigerators? the ones that are filled up with food and contain toxic substances

Comment

No don’t stop making Ferraris. I like Ferraris. Maseratis too. I don’t like Lamborghinis though; they’re a bit too angular for my taste.

Still, even if I could afford one I wouldn’t buy it as I’d probably end up in an involuntary tree hug. I stick to a more sedate driving style, given my experiences of smashing up cars and motorbikes as a teenager.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
                      And save the world
                      I'll ask it again Mr Farquhar - why do you want to eliminate them?
                      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                      X