• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bulltulip Rejection Reason

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I'm betting your CV is too long and too wordy.

Only the last few years matters in detail, the rest should be summarised in a couple of lines.
    My CV is tighter than Nun's Bleep. It doesn't even make 2 pages.

Also it was rejected by the end client.

I just think it is such Tulip. Any person with half a brain could deduce that I was simply out of work since Xmas.

Arrrgggghhh!

Comment

Originally posted by JimBobTwoTeeth View Post
      Apparently my CV 'is not up to date'.

There is a ten year history on there ending in December. From Jan i've been job hunting.

Seriously WTF!
      Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again!

Always look on the bright side of life!

Somewhere over the rainbow...

Every cloud has a silver lining...

Their loss not yours!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Their loss not yours!
        Just don't end up in Swindon.

Comment

Just shift all the dates forward one year.

Year++

Sorteeeeeeeeed.
          but like tha it sounds like an entire year of my life was wasted in a pub, after all I even mention my microsoft training on my CV - the pub was actually constructive, surely it's worth a mention to any worthwhile employer??

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Their loss not yours!
            Just don't end up in Swindon.
            Errr yeah, forgot that bit...

Now, go get 'em tiger!

Comment

Originally posted by JimBobTwoTeeth View Post
              Apparently my CV 'is not up to date'.

There is a ten year history on there ending in December. From Jan i've been job hunting.

Seriously WTF!
              This is another one that should be in an FAQ for contracting:

There are many agents and clients out there that can't vocalise a reason why they don't want you, so they say something, anything, just to give a reason and that is why what they say can appear quite daft.

Then there are a few agents and clients who get off on rejecting you by saying something they think will upset you.

Just remember guys and gals, if they don't want you, they don't want you, anything said after that is, 99 times out of 100, random gibberings and you should not take any notice.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                This is another one that should be in an FAQ for contracting:

There are many agents and clients out there that can't vocalise a reason why they don't want you, so they say something, anything, just to give a reason and that is why what they say can appear quite daft.

Then there are a few agents and clients who get off on rejecting you by saying something they think will upset you.

Just remember guys and gals, if they don't want you, they don't want you, anything said after that is, 99 times out of 100, random gibberings and you should not take any notice.

HTH

Odd , normally they start with random gibberings..

Comment

Originally posted by rz6bm7 View Post
                  Odd , normally they start with random gibberings..
                  Then move on to inane questions like ‘I see you’ve been an Oracle DBA; can you write SQL statements?’ or ‘do you have 5 years experience with Office 2007?’
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Then move on to inane questions like ‘I see you’ve been an Oracle DBA; can you write SQL statements?’ or ‘do you have 5 years experience with Office 2007?’
                    'how are you finding the market?'

Comment

Originally posted by rz6bm7 View Post
                      'how are you finding the market?'
                      There is some sort of agent school isn't there, how else would every agent up and down the land have the same stock questions?

As for the OP, I never get a reason as they always say it's been submitted just to shut me up, of course you never know if they did or not which makes it difficult to judge whether you should apply via another agent. But that is their game plan.

More importantly I wish I'd get feedback from interviews, I hate the feeling of a gig slipping away with every hour that passes without a phone call, especially when they tell you they want to make a decision that day.

Even worse when you see the same job ad go up the next day.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X