• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An election winning Budget ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    In Surrey alone there are 200+ properties for sale at £3,000,000 or more.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...nPrice=3000000

So it will impact 1000's of buyers.

They won't be reducing their £15,000,000 house to £999,999
    No. They just won't sell them. Or they'll follow Mr Advocate's idea. Anyway, are non-doms liable to British stamp duty?

And who's going to buy them if the rich people are being chased out?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Increase stamp duty on £1million houses won't stop a change of resident at number 11 Downing Street.
      If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
        Increase stamp duty on £1million houses won't stop a change of resident at number 11 Downing Street.
        So many people hope you're right.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          No. They just won't sell them. Or they'll follow Mr Advocate's idea. Anyway, are non-doms liable to British stamp duty?

I believe non-doms do pay stamp duty on buying a UK property.

Comment

So many people hope you're right.
            Well, it's going to be a new resident after the election, no matter who wins or forms the coalition.

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
              So what if I sell a house as two flats? You can have the first floor "flat" for £750,000 and the ground floor "flat" for £750,000?

/I'm sure this has been thought of and crushed by the bar stewards!
              You'll have to put a front door in, fireproof the escape routes and get building control to sign off.

Then you'll have to get some plans drawn up to define the boundaries.

Then you'll need to amend the existing deed, and generate a new one for which ever floor is not amended.

Then you'll have to go and visit the land registry.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Is there any evidence that the rich are actually being chased out?

There was going to be an exodus of bankers because they would have to pay a bonus tax - which didn't happen, and brought in more money than was estimated.

The numbers of non-doms registering is higher than was predicted - so where are these rich that are leaving in droves?

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
                  There was going to be an exodus of bankers because they would have to pay a bonus tax - which didn't happen, and brought in more money than was estimated.
                  It takes a while to move a whole team of folk - which is what the banks were saying to their investment teams: "you can move offshore if you want, but it's all, or none, of you - no split teams".

A few have gone, a few more are going, a lot more can't be arsed and will just take wages as capital distribution to get around it as much as possible.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The best help Gordon could give to first time buyers would be to let house prices fall.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      The best help Gordon could give to first time buyers would be to let house prices fall.
                      Aye.
                      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                      X