• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Humiliated by a bunch of sophisticates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Glasto? What's that?
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Big pharmaceutical company.
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Ain't that the truth

Comment

I like Fu Manchu;they're about as sophisticated as a muck cart.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Some Belgian Jazz perhaps?
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Iron Maiden?

Whatever happened to "Monsters of Rock"?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Iron Maiden?

Listen to some fu manchu on youtube if you like old school rock.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I always thought I had quite an eclectic taste in music & knew my stuff but I've just been found out. The guy being discussed was Mark Murphy & the album Bop For Kerouac. Never heard of him I said, cue an uncomfortable silence and a look that said "oh dear" on the assembled faces. They won't be inviting me out again.
              Well you've heard of him now. Why not check him out?
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Well you've heard of him now. Why not check him out?
                You can't get it on CD or MP3, but one of those kind people has lent me his vinyl edition. I look forward to hearing it if the reviews are anything to go by.

Comment

I always thought I had quite an eclectic taste in music & knew my stuff but I've just been found out. The guy being discussed was Mark Murphy & the album Bop For Kerouac. Never heard of him I said, cue an uncomfortable silence and a look that said "oh dear" on the assembled faces. They won't be inviting me out again.
                  They sound like a bunch of tossers. At times like this, I find slamming their heads into the table edge and forcing them to listen to the Quo's complete back catalogue generally has the desired effect...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Listen to some fu manchu on youtube if you like old school rock.
                    Doing that now. Good call Mich.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X