• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you think the mullet is ever going to make a come back?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You wore that in the 80's? But wouldn't that mean you were like 5 year old or something??
    Nah, I'm nearly 40. Though I do look a lot younger (you can see I'm in denial at the big four oh approaching). A few weeks ago I made the mistake of going on a date with a 26 year old guy. Every time I realised there was too much of gap between us and made a comment he'd look at me and say "you don't look that old". I think it was meant to be a compliment. There was no second date.

I'm still nervous at interviews despite my age... getting hypnotised next week to try and relax to see if that helps.

Comment

I hope so. Business at the front. Party at the back.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

The answer is it has already has but in what, to me, seemed to be a limited region of the country.

Once or twice a year we visit Bluewater in north Kent. Well, during the visit around Xmas 2009, I was wondering what looked odd but horribly familiar about many of the youngster. Then it finally clicked, they were sporting mullets. I pointed this out to the wife and then we sat down and spent a good half an hour counting mullets while trying to keep a straight face.

I had a mullet once and I came from Kent.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Quoting Hannah Montana?

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
            Quoting Hannah Montana?
            Who may well have been quoting who ever made that up in the 80s?
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Just reveals more about me than VectraMan.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Mmmmmmmm
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

In some workplaces, the mullet never went away - the boss in basic instructions
                  Last edited by BenchMaster; 19 March 2010, 21:37. Reason: Fixed url.

Comment

Working...
                  X