• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Serviced Offices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Hot desking it with the creative is almost as bad as what I have to put up with now.
    Yes, I found them very uncondusive to getting ones head down and coding.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Why not advertise 'office space wanted' and with any luck you'll find a company that has downsized a few folks and has a bit of office space spare which they'll be more than happy to let you rent off them for a few quid a month.

(My dad does this)

Much much cheaper than a proper serviced office. But you may need to negotiate getting them to answer your phone etc. However I think there are services available which do that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Why not advertise 'office space wanted' and with any luck you'll find a company that has downsized a few folks and has a bit of office space spare which they'll be more than happy to let you rent off them for a few quid a month.

(My dad does this)

Much much cheaper than a proper serviced office. But you may need to negotiate getting them to answer your phone etc. However I think there are services available which do that too.
        Aye, a share would be a better thing given that I don't really want to get too committed to formal agreements etc.

Not sure anybody would put up with the foul smell and language that surrounds me.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I looked at Regus before settling on a more local firm that gave more services for LESS THAN A QUARTER OF THE PRICE.

Regus insisted that every desk had to have a phone & internet connection at a cost of arounf £35 per month!
          Still Invoicing

Comment

Contact your local buas inevitable.siness link. A mate of mine has just done this - they waived rent & rates for an initial period, then there's a sliding scale up to the full payment over 12 months.
            "take me to your leader"

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
              Contact your local buas inevitable.siness link. A mate of mine has just done this - they waived rent & rates for an initial period, then there's a sliding scale up to the full payment over 12 months.
              I know you mean well, but ....

NO FRAKING WAY
              will I have anything to do with the East London Business Link.

I briefly had dealings with them several years ago and I will never have anything to do with them again. They are a bunch of useless, biased, moronic, racist, fracking merde for brains, hoons.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

I briefly had dealings with them several years ago and I will never have anything to do with them again. They are a bunch of useless, biased, moronic, racist, fracking merde for brains, hoons.
                how do you know they were racist?

BTW intrigued how taking up a serviced office will impact your residency?
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                  how do you know they were racist?

BTW intrigued how taking up a serviced office will impact your residency?
                  1) Their 'help' is bias in favour of selected ethnic groups; none of which I blong to.

2) Do you recall that case from a couple of weeks ago where Hector won a case against his non-residency claim because it was shown that he had 'attachments' to the UK? If I take an office it would blow my claim that I am only in the UK getting medical treatment and not working.

Comment

1) Their 'help' is bias in favour of selected ethnic groups; none of which I blong to.

2) Do you recall that case from a couple of weeks ago where Hector won a case against his non-residency claim because it was shown that he had 'attachments' to the UK? If I take an office it would blow my claim that I am only in the UK getting medical treatment and not working.
                    If you are not working then you better be posting on twitter a bit ore then ;-)
                    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

I sent an email to some of the people that are mentoring me about getting serviced offices in the City because I'm having problems working from home. I have had a couple of replied and both have said that this is a very bad idea.

It's not what I originally wanted to do anyway; I'm going to have a re-think on this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X