• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tonight's Question Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    I don't know what happens in school these days but when I was at school there were morning assemblies & these almost always involved listening to the headmaster pontificating on the rights and wrongs of something or other.
    It's covered a bit in KS1 PSHE, but not as regularly as a morning assembly.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

When I was little, about 8 we liven in holland. There was another English family who lived over the road form us and me and my sister (9) used to play with them. Thier oldest son was about 10 or 11. We were playing this game that the oldest lad made up. We were in the huge sandpit opposite our house and he told us to kneel down in the sand covering our eyes. The next thing I heard was a loud scream from my sister. He'd got hold of one of the shovels and cracked it into her head - it was metal and he got her with it side on. The result could have been horrific had he done it properly but he only got a glancing blow and she had to have stitches. To this day I don't know why he did it, why my sister and not me and wouldn't like to think of the consequences if he'd hit her 'right'

I know he dad beat the living crap out of him though - kind of saved my dad a job there I think!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
        Indeed. There were two parents at home (a mum and a dad, sorry but that has to be pointed out), a Church each Sunday and a school who taught Christian values that complemented the upbringing at Church and home.

Now we have schools who ignore Christian teachings, families without a father and people don't go to Church.
        We have always had schools that ignore Christian teachings simply because the staff in the schools aren't Christian themselves , or if they proclaim to be and are bigots who lead very un-Christian lives.

For example in my primary school all the older members of staff who proclaimed to be Christian where bigots and creationists, so my favourite two teachers where the Hindu and Sikh teachers.

In secondary school which was more mixed, all the RE teachers where Buddhists. So teaching us Christian values would have been very funny.

And we wonder why our society is deteriorating. The liberal-left buffoons think we need to throw more handouts at people and have more immigration to help matters.

They are very irresponsible dangerous people, don't vote for them.
        The liberal left think poverty in the traditional sense is the root cause of children having poor upbringings, they don't realise poverty of mind is just as important.

Oh and Catholic Churches have been doing very well in recent times, and so has some of the other denomination Churches near me. Mainly due to the increase in the number of immigrants who actually go to Church.
        Last edited by SueEllen; 20 March 2010, 22:16. Reason: spelling
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Indeed. There were two parents at home (a mum and a dad, sorry but that has to be pointed out), a Church each Sunday and a school who taught Christian values that complemented the upbringing at Church and home.

Now we have schools who ignore Christian teachings, families without a father and people don't go to Church. And we wonder why our society is deteriorating. The liberal-left buffoons think we need to throw more handouts at people and have more immigration to help matters.

They are very irresponsible dangerous people, don't vote for them.
          The nuclear family with a Christian upbringing is not the only way to achieve social stability, large parts of the world do perfectly well without them. That is not to say that their cultures do not have something else that achieves the same outcome.

Comment

Working...
          X