• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's time oracleslave left

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

well done EO you've eventually managed to kill a troll.
    sorry, MF, which troll ?
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I am still glum about this.

Comment

I think the flounce fragrance share price has shot up over the last few days.

We've got new mods.

Moderators are necessary - without them, there would be (even more) anarchy.

The old mods have been doing the job a long time - they've got into their routine and know what they're doing.

New mods will have teething troubles. Give them a few weeks and they'll settle in to the role, work out how to work together and all will be well.

There do seem to have been some deliberate attempts to wind them up, upset them and generally make their first days as difficult as possible.

Yes, they've probably made some mistakes. But no-one died.

Cut them some slack. They've volunteered to do this so we can still have our playground. Drive them away and the playground closes.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          They've volunteered to do this so we can still have our playground. Drive them away and the playground closes.
          You make us all sound so childish. I like that..........good work.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            You make us all sound so childish. I like that..........good work.

Comment

Drive them away and the playground closes.
              Drive the kids away, and there's also no playground.

I'll say again - I have no problem generally with the way that I am moderated. However, having very different standards about what is allowed can easily lead to charges of double standards.

For example, Xen used the word **** here and it was removed by NAT, presumably because it was unacceptable to use it.

However, it has been demonstrated here and here that it is OK to call someone a **** provided that they are either tay or MF, or you fit some kind of poster demographic.

Maybe, when the board changes come, a different level of title should be given, e.g.
              • Not allowed to swear
              • Can say ******
              • Can call MF a ****
              • Can call anyone a ****
              • Bulletproof
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                I am still glum about this.
                Understandably. You have a lot to be perenially glum about. Will they let you up your Prozac dosage so you can just be "unusually maudlin"?

HTH

Dr Menelaus
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Drive the kids away, and there's also no playground.

I'll say again - I have no problem generally with the way that I am moderated. However, having very different standards about what is allowed can easily lead to charges of double standards.

For example, Xen used the word **** here and it was removed by NAT, presumably because it was unacceptable to use it.

However, it has been demonstrated here and here that it is OK to call someone a **** provided that they are either tay or MF, or you fit some kind of poster demographic.

Maybe, when the board changes come, a different level of title should be given, e.g.
                  • Not allowed to swear
                  • Can say ******
                  • Can call MF a ****
                  • Can call anyone a ****
                  • Bulletproof
                  Admin acknowledged that he/she/it hadn't given sufficient guidance.
                  Time to let up and move on perhaps?

Comment

Admin acknowledged that he/she/it hadn't given sufficient guidance.
                    Time to let up and move on perhaps?
                    The new moderators haven't replaced the old moderators - apart from ferret. Posts are still left unmoderated. Reported posts are not moderated for whatever reason.

I don't feel that anyone should need guidance to understand that calling someone a **** is not acceptable, regardless of whether it is in a serious or not serious forum. I don't feel that bullying has any place anywhere, particularly somewhere where certain things are written and people hide behind their anonymity. I particularly don't like to see one group descend like a pack on one poster for whatever reason.

There is an old thread somewhere entitled something like "When CUK descends into pack mentality". I've not read it recently, but when the cycle comes back and the pack descends on one or more posters in an attempt to either get them banned or to hound them off the board, it's something that I dig out.

I would leave, but then the bullies have won, and that's not something I want to happen. Maybe I'll be out of here soon enough, but for the time being, I don't want to give into the pack, thanks.

Sometimes, one has to sacrifice ones contentment for the greater good.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X