• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Housing affordability 'at seven-year high'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    Anyone know of a decent well balanced house price sold chart ? (ie, sold prices that are not decided by estate agents).
    zoopla uses land registry sold prices and a bit of jiggery pokery.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
      Anyone know of a decent well balanced house price sold chart ? (ie, sold prices that are not decided by estate agents).
      I'm hearing house prices dropped since 2007 but have been rising again and wonder where we stand on average compared to 2006/2007 etc. I'm especially interested in prices now compared to around Jun 2006(2nd quarter '06).
      My perfect property has come up which was a new build in June 2006. Now it's second hand so a drop in value has to be priced in as new builds command a premium, but the asking price today is only 10grand down on what it was bought for in June 2006, which in percentage terms is pretty small at only a 2.6% discount to the June 2006 price. Would it be fair to think the market is down at least 15% average outside of london since June 2006, with a further 5% discount if I'm lucky (as it is no longer new build)?
      Rightmove do house prices - I think they're actual selling prices. So you can see what similar properties are getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        zoopla uses land registry sold prices and a bit of jiggery pokery.
        Cheers, that site's worth a look. It estimates the price should be 6grand lower than the current asking price and it's peak price was about 90grand higher than the current estimate but I was hoping for more like 50-60 grand lower today. Still worth keeping an eye on it, I see some properties have been up for sale for 2+ years now so lots of potential negotiations on price me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          Rightmove do house prices - I think they're actual selling prices. So you can see what similar properties are getting.
          If you can find a mate who is an estate agent, and they pay for Rightmove plus, you can generate a report of all the sold prices etc for a postcode. Not available to the general public though.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
          X