• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rip off merchants in this world

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

But you cannot manufacture razor blades, printer cartridges, coke etc. In other words, importance given to merchants who hold us to ransom.
    I use the original safety razor that takes the double edge blades, they only cost about £2.50 for five. None of those raygun looking razors thar have umpteen blades on em and cost an arm an leg to buy!

Comment

Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
      I use the original safety razor that takes the double edge blades, they only cost about £2.50 for five. None of those raygun looking razors thar have umpteen blades on em and cost an arm an leg to buy!

I moved from pricey Gillettes to Safety.
      Specifically Mühle razor and Derby Blades (€10 for 100 )

After a learning curve: never looked back. This is my tip of the day on CUK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razor_a...business_model

Comment

Originally posted by LegendsWear7 View Post

I moved from pricey Gillettes to Safety.
        Specifically Mühle razor and Derby Blades (€10 for 100 )

After a learning curve: never looked back. This is my tip of the day on CUK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razor_a...business_model
        Been thinking about moving to Mühle. Right now a pack of ten Machx blades lasts me about two years cos I can't be arsed changing them every time they stop causing cuts hence blunt. A six month old blade does a reasonable job and causes my skin less irritation than a new blade.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Been thinking about moving to Mühle. Right now a pack of ten Machx blades lasts me about two years cos I can't be arsed changing them every time they stop causing cuts hence blunt. A six month old blade does a reasonable job and causes my skin less irritation than a new blade.
          I use a new each day cos I is a contractor
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            I use a new each day cos I is gullible

HTH
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              So who are the blatant rip off merchants in this world?
              1. Gillette:- Their blades cost them 5 pence to manufacture in Vietnam but they control prices at more than 2 quid per blade.
              2. Printer manufacturers:- The printer cartridges cost them next to nothing to manufacture but still they have the audacity to sell at a huge markup.

Same business model. Oddly enough, known as the 'Razor and blades' business model.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
              X