• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the recession over?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    The big dip is coming in 2011/2012 when big corporates are unable to refi their debt because the ratings and the data on which a refi package would be built is so volatile as to be thoroughly misleading.
    Is there not a risk of banks being unable to pay interest to depositors due to not lending enough?

Perhaps not now, but when interest rates go up?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

From A sovereign vulnerability scorecard

...the last time Britain had to be bailed out — by the IMF in December 1976 — the cyclically-adjusted primary deficit and the debt to GDP ratio were only 4 per cent and 53 per cent, respectively. They’re 7 per cent and 78 per cent now.
      Boomed.

Comment

There is a recession? Just got a 3rd contract to contend with, I really should think about employing someone... Even my physio says I should employee an extra per of hands to undo the stress...

It's only for the next 4 weeks, I can do it...
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X