• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The £

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Just wait and see. Another threat of the continued existance of the Labour party should send it plummeting down to 0.5000
    FTFY
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      FTFY
      hadn't thought of that.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        So, where are we at the end of the week?

Unchanged is where we are.

: 1.5155
        EUR/GBP: 0.8985

Still, it's a larf innit.
        On Friday GBP/USD looked liked an object suspended by two elastic bands, one from above and one from below, with the equilibrium position set at 1.50000. Makes you wonder whether there isn't concerted inter-government co-operation to debase their currencies in an orderly fashion. And this week it wasn't Sterling.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          On Friday GBP/USD looked liked an object suspended by two elastic bands, one from above and one from below, with the equilibrium position set at 1.50000. Makes you wonder whether there isn't concerted inter-government co-operation to debase their currencies in an orderly fashion. And this week it wasn't Sterling.
          Can think why they would do this. Unless it was some sort of coordinated move to push everything into some sort of single currency.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I'm eying up these possible trades for next week based on the dialy charts:

EUR/GBP sell
            GBP/CHF buy
            GBP/CAD buy
            GBP/JPY buy

All long GBP..... Technically they look OK, not sure if long GBP is a good idea yet though
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I've decided the best way to play this is buying supermajor US oil stocks, so should gain from the currency movements but even if they stay static there should be a decent upside in the next 12-18 months as oil prices nudge up to $100. Looking at the graphs there is a good 20-30% potential even without currency gains.
              Buffet is calling the bottom in US residential property, but even if their economy stays weak the oil men will still make money.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                I'm eying up these possible trades for next week based on the dialy charts:

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Oh go and feed yer squirrels!
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

so what's the prediction on GBP/USD front ?
                    I am soon opening a USD account with cater allen

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                      so what's the prediction on GBP/USD front ?
                      I am soon opening a USD account with cater allen
                      Staying out of GBP/USD and EUR/USD for the mean time

Comment

Working...
                      X