• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great day for Sterling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

HTW they can do that??!?!?! It's not like they can print dollars.
    It's all Greek to me, although they mention in the article "foreign currency reserves". Could it be that Gordon has spotted a low in the US dollar market in which to sell off our last remaining reserves? The piggy bank.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      He is. Last post in this thread 23:06. He was not in the list of logged in users at 23:05 or 23:07 so he logs in, posts and logs right back out again.

Then closes his laptop, opens his laptop, closes, opens, closes, opens

logs into CUK

posts tulip

logs out

Then closes his laptop, opens ....
      I think AtW must browse in stealth mode so that he never shows up in the list of who is logged on. That doesn't mean he is not watching though.

Comment

Sounder than a Pound:
        http://www.exchange-rates.org/history/ZWD/GBP/G
        http://coinmill.com/GBP_ZWD.html#GBP=1

Comment

WTF

Since I came back from the pub cable has exploded to the upside. Was 1.4870 now 1.5030

It's not me doing some drunk trading. Honest. Those days are in the past.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            WTF

Since I came back from the pub cable has exploded to the upside. Was 1.4870 now 1.5030

It's not me doing some drunk trading. Honest. Those days are in the past.
            I have heard that there is some catastrophic subprime news about to come out of the US and we could be looking at 2.0000 by the end of the week!

Comment

Not really. I just wanted to wind up TimberWolf.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                Not really. I just wanted to wind up TimberWolf.
                I've spread my money around a bit recently, rather than having it all in Sterling, but yeah typically it goes straight up.

Comment

Maybe they've struck oil in the Falklands?

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    AtW - are you bored again love? I know I am
                    I was too busy playing L4D 2 - more zombies than printed banknotes in Quantitative Easing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      I was too busy playing L4D 2 - more zombies than printed banknotes in Quantitative Easing
                      Good for you (what is L4D 2??). Now go and feed those squirrels.
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points
                      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                      X