• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

hello pot, this is kettle calling...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://order-order.com/2010/03/02/to...to-be-jobless/

More from Guido.

One wonders how much this is costing we taxpayers...

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      It really turns my stomach to see Mandelson in Ermine, so for him to say this makes my sides split...

I bet he makes Reinaldo's sides split.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        After being rejected for a peerage, Ashcroft gave assurances that he would become resident in this country. The assumption was that he would become tax resident. He then sought government legal advice on whether he had to become a tax payer, and was advised that he didn't.

Which, to a certain extent, is no different from many of the MPs - Kitty Ussher, Hazel Blears, et al - have done. However, they took a few grand from the taxpayer, whereas Ashcroft is about £300million short on his tax payments.

If you still believe that he has a higher moral authority than Mandelson, then I question your morality.
        Does Lord Paul get the same treatment?

Labour's bleating on this is pure hypocrisy.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Does Lord Paul get the same treatment?

Labour's bleating on this is pure hypocrisy.
          Lord Paul has never denied being a non-dom. Lord Paul's business, which donates money to the Labour party, actually does some business in the UK, whereas Ashcroft's business is being reviewed by the Electoral Commission to determine whether any of his donations are legal or not.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The fact that for once Mandelson has the higher moral ground says a lot for the status of Ashcroft. ...
            What about Lord Swarj Paul, who I believe is another non-dom *and* has trousered £250K in expenses for attending the House of Lords whereas Ashcroft hasn't claimed a penny?
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The fact that for once Mandelson has the higher moral ground says a lot for the status of Ashcroft.
              I don't think so. See here, here, here and here.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                What about Lord Swarj Paul, who I believe is another non-dom *and* has trousered £250K in expenses for attending the House of Lords whereas Ashcroft hasn't claimed a penny?
                I refer the honourable gentleman to the post I made some moments ago, r.e. Lord Paul.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                X