• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Casualty visit last night…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilmslow
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      harsh

as he sees it

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Slicing vegetables
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          harsh

as he sees it

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Bloody hell Wilmslow!

Mind you, I think CM keeps me out of the kitchen because I'd probably end up dismembering myself too.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              When I was your age we used to deliberately chop at our fingers with large heavy knives. Sometimes going to the bone

That way, if you do ever have an accident, at least you dont faint and embarrass yourself in front of the neighbours. It sort of toughens you up

I have various interesting scars on my fingers from playing games with knifes while under the influence of alcohol a long time ago when I joined the army.

SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Wilmslow (sucking that nasty cut on his finger)
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Isn't all this wilmslow bollarks better off posted on tw@tter?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I once had a summer job on a forestry plantation in the highlands, working with a couple of Scottish guys.

Apparently a friend of theirs had been doing the same job as us, weeding baby fir trees by chopping away bracken with a sickle. One afternoon he staggered back from the pub, pissed as a mattress, took his sickle (which he had expertly sharpened before leaving for lunch) grabbed a handful of bracken, and swiped off all four of his knuckles.

Glad I wasn't there to see it, and I doubt his hand was ever really usable again.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Isn't that just a scratch compared to what Diver did?

Comment

Working...
                      X