• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joi de Vivre

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    One of the problems of working from home with clients in another country is there is no reason to get out of bed. Apart from going down the pub.
    FTFY
    Last edited by doodab; 2 March 2010, 12:34.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I've never been one for laying in bed. Also at my age, my bladder won't let me.

The only rule I have is that I don't 'properly' get up in the dark.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Unfortunately the picture is out of date. These days you can’t even smile for a passport photo. Your picture is also older than when passports were introduced. Passports were introduced during World War I . Prior to that people just travelled without boarder restrictions be it a chat with the customs officials.
        The other day I was half watching one of those WW2 documentaries on Sky (absolutely a last resort, but there was nothing else on) and they were interviewing some old dear who survived the allied bombing of Cologne.

Now it must be easy enough to cobble together a documentary like that, just by stringing together a load of archive footage, and have some old buffer waffling a commentary. (That must be why they churn out so many - Piss easy, and dirt cheap.)

But whoever made this must have been the most crassly stupid unobservant imbecile hack ever, because hanging right behind the old lady in plain view was a huge poster of a painting of three people with their knockers out.

I say people rather than women because their faces were just out of shot (which made the painting ever more hypnotically distracting), and the figures looked comically scruffily dressed and might even have been guys wearing false boobs.

I have a vague recollection of some famous Dutch painting called something like "The Three Clowns", and I wonder if that was a copy.

EO, if you are an arts buff, does that ring a bell?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Bumped, because I'd really like to know what that painting was.

Anyone? Or are we all a bunch of Phillistines?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Bumped, because I'd really like to know what that painting was.

Anyone? Or are we all a bunch of Phillistines?

Don't know however, take a look at this one. Fantastic lighting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ge...pelaarster.jpg
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

http://www.artinthepicture.com/paint...-Three-Clowns/

It's not that one.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

The gezza is Jack Falstaff. He's the one that mucks about with the future Henry V, when he is Prince Hal. (This bit I know)

The artist is Eduard Von Grutzner. (This bit I googled)

Edit: It's called "Falstaff mit Handschuhe"
                Last edited by HairyArsedBloke; 3 March 2010, 12:20.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Don't know however, take a look at this one. Fantastic lighting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ge...pelaarster.jpg
                  I like that one.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

I like that one.
                    WHS - Infinitely superior to "60s carpet" modern art rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                    X