• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will today be the day that Gordon Brown calls the General Election?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I can't wait to slam the door in the face of the labour candidate when he turns up at the door.
    Minestrone - brilliant.

Its a plan B

Produce 'Righteous Indignation' scripts for the downtrodden electorate. Available on DVD or as a .pdf £2 a pop

tips on door slamming
    tutting loudly
    'leading the bastid on'
    How to make them contradict themselves by changing your position

etc

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I can't wait to slam the door in the face of the labour candidate when he turns up at the door.
      Wish I had the opportunity. Living in Somerset, I have never once in my entire life even seen a labour candidate let alone have one bang on my door. It's no wonder us country folk feel so disenfranchised.

Comment

Good point.

Alternatively take the following actions ...

1. Listen intently to Labour candidate (after all, for every minute longer they spend trying to sell snake oil to you, that's one less target for them to try to slither their way into - bit of community spirit!)

2. Invite Labour candidate in, offer them tea and hospitality

3. Continue to listen to their (frankly) drivel

4. Then, and only then, when they've been in and sitting in a comfy seat and getting them nicely into the "false-sense-of-security" bring out the laundry list of areas where they're categorically f***ed on any area of policy they choose to mention.

Note: to make items 1. - 3. work, best not to have another parties' poster in your window.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
          Wish I had the opportunity. Living in Somerset, I have never once in my entire life even seen a labour candidate let alone have one bang on my door. It's no wonder us country folk feel so disenfranchised.
          Met Iain Liddell-Grainger (Con, Bridgwater) at a reception once: seemed a nice chap. Thick as two short planks, but a lovely chap.

Comment

Buy some stickers, and slap one on his forehead before he leaves...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Alternatively II take the following actions ...

1. Listen intently to Labour candidate (after all, for every minute longer they spend trying to sell snake oil to you, that's one less target for them to try to slither their way into - bit of community spirit!)

2. Invite Labour candidate in, offer them tea and hospitality

3. Continue to listen to their (frankly) drivel

4. Then, and only then, when they've been in and sitting in a comfy seat and getting them nicely into the "false-sense-of-security" bring out the details of the time spent in Broadmoor for abducting and torturing a canvaser.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

No, no. Waste their time, invite them in for a "quick" cup of tea, and rabbit on about how wonderful Gordon Brown is.

Then after an hour or two gently point out some Labour failing, which means you won't be voting for them.

That way you'll prevent them visiting a dozen or more other would-be mugs.

edit: Oops, just noticed I've moreorless paraphrased Meneleus
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

New poll puts Tory lead at only five points

If Ipsos Mori survey results were replicated at election, Labour could be largest party

Comment

more evidence of a march 25th snap election

First, a new MORI poll published today puts the Tory lead over Labour at only five points. This is the magical figure Gordon Brown's aides have been waiting for. A six-point lead gives the Tories the most seats in a hung parliament. Five points - if replicated in the actual vote - would give Labour the greater number of seats. Brown would need a pact, if not a full coalition agreement, but he would be in the driving seat.

Second, March 25 would mean no Darling Budget. (If Labour can pull off a victory, a quick reshuffle on March 26 will remove Alistair from Number 11.) Avoiding a Budget is one way of dealing with the apparent impasse between the PM and his Chancellor over the style of the next Budget. And as far general economic prospects are concerned, Brown is bound to be thinking the sooner the better.

Third, Bullygate is not an issue. As the Mole predicted, it's been fun for political columnists but has had little impression on the public. An opinion survey showed Brown is seen as a bully by 24 per cent, but as "tough" by 27 per cent and "passionate" by 28 per cent.

Is March 25 really a runner? We'll know soon enough.
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

"First, a new MORI poll published today puts the Tory lead over Labour at only five points. This is the magical figure Gordon Brown's aides have been waiting for. A six-point lead gives the Tories the most seats in a hung parliament. Five points - if replicated in the actual vote - would give Labour the greater number of seats. Brown would need a pact, if not a full coalition agreement, but he would be in the driving seat."

All going to plan for Cameron then. If the Tories have engineered this situation, I take my hat off to them.

Comment

Working...
                      X