• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Cheer Up Drewster Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    Well:
    There is Mrs D, and The D-ettes 22, 17 and 11

22 is "sorted" ie She wants me to look for fake/shonky Chanel Handbags.
    17 - Not even the tiniest clue of an idea.... possibly tat/touristy baubles ??
    11 - Mmmmm see above... possibly easier ie She is less likely to say "WTF is this Tulip?"
    Mrs D.... This is the tricky one..... I think I will look at the Jewellry options.... plus tourist tat etc obviously..... Unless I get some HELP
    Ah - I thought the girls were little girls!

Still I think CJ is right you can't go wrong with the jewellery option!
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I got my 17 yr old daughter a Sarong last year. It's just a length of cloth so you dont have to worry about size etc, and they can wear it any way they wish. Her friends were truly envious (which makes it a good present, thanks daddy)

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        I got my 17 yr old daughter a Sarong last year. It's just a length of cloth so you dont have to worry about size etc, and they can wear it any way they wish. Her friends were truly envious (which makes it a good present, thanks daddy)

Thats a great idea........ unfortunately the only thing Saudi women (and women visiting Saudi) wear in public is an Abaya..... Now you can buy very expensive "Designer" Abaya and you can buy cheaper "Bog Normal" Abaya and every shade in between but (since I mention shade) an Abaya is basically a large BLACK Curtain that covers said ladies from neck to ankle and wrist.....

I can just picture it now....... Hello Mrs D and/or MiddleD-ette - I spent a lot of time and effort choosing the perfect presents - here have this Designer Abaya. Please try it on at once as it makes you look a bit like a Dalek.....

Comment

How you doing today Drewster?

Can I talk you through the Everton v Spurs game 1pmGMT?

Did you got out for a foul?

Been a bit quiet. Wondered if you had Dubai belly.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            How you doing today Drewster?

Can I talk you through the Everton v Spurs game 1pmGMT?

Did you got out for a foul?

Been a bit quiet. Wondered if you had Dubai belly.
            All fine and dandy with the world thanks....
            I've been working hard yesterday and today.

Due to time diff 8-5ish for me is 5-2ish for you.

So Spurs at 1pm is 4pm (or was 4pm)..... and as its now 5:45 they should have finished... So what was the score then??

I did manage to see most of the Rugby yesterday.... which was nice.

I'm off for a swim and a sauna now.... and I might have a little cycle in the Gym....

Laters

Comment

Working...
            X