• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Present for Mum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to impress mum and get her telling everyone how well you are doing, might I suggest a small private island in Florida?

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/barnard-island.htm

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
      Amate of mine got a piece of photo mosaic software, scanned in hundreds of pics of his family then chose a pic of his mum & Dad as the main pic, framed it and gave it to them for their anniversary. Very nice too, and original.
      That sounds like a brilliant idea.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        Any ideas gratefully appreciated.

It's my mum's birthday on Saturday, she'll be 56, what the heck do I get her?

She's a mom and seems to spend her time watching Eastenders and Corrie, doing cross-stitch, looking after the house and keeping in touch with the family
        Buy her a sheep and she'll never be short of wool to knit your christmas jumpers.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          If you want to impress mum and get her telling everyone how well you are doing, might I suggest a small private island in Florida?

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/barnard-island.htm
          $75k?

Bargain.

Do they have planning laws in the US?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
            Possibilities...

1. Tour of Granada studios, where Corrie's filmed (not sure if it's possible to get a tour @Elstree where E'Enders is done).

2. New mobile phone ringtone so that when she gets a message Biancas voice screams out "Rickaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay"

3. Erm ... flight in a Tornado (spag bol optional) to Germany to see you?
            FTFY.

Comment

http://5z8.info/how2pipebomb_j5r9w_b00bs
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

If she like cross stitch then how about some patterns / thread / frame / ancillaries or to be really boring you can get gift vouchers for the above.

Or take her shopping to a craft shop, pay her bill & take her for lunch after.
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                  flight to Germany to see you?
                  she's already planned on coming over in a few weeks

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Digital photo frame loaded with pictures of the family.
                  that was the xmas present

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                  love it, shame she wouldn't
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    Amate of mine got a piece of photo mosaic software, scanned in hundreds of pics of his family then chose a pic of his mum & Dad as the main pic, framed it and gave it to them for their anniversary. Very nice too, and original.
                    not a bad idea at all, plus i get to "invest" in a decent scanner

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      You probably know you mum better than we do.
                      your right, I'm a terrible son

Comment

Working...
                      X