• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Early April Fools joke had me in stitches.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beercohol View Post
    If the client would rather I'm not at their premises, then I won't be. Whatever they wish, they're paying for my time.

But contractors voting to strike like they belong to some kind of contractors union or something (as per that news story). I'm horrified.

Xenophon, can you call the nurse again...
    Nurse...!!!
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      edit: I guess everyone will say it's obvious you carry on; but what if the client would rather you didn't, for one reason or another?
      Then give them what they want and bill them for it.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I was contracting in the HSC place in Leeds and half the site was on strike. They tried to turn the other half away at the picket line. One Union guy went further than persuasion though and physically blocked me from entering, so I shoved the turd out of the way.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
        X