• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speed bumps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    A road near me has and will be closed for some months to have 'traffic calming' measures applied. A lot of time and money could be saved if they let the road rot a bit, rather than create a shiny new surface to which they add sped bumps and chicanes later; the potholes slowing the traffic.
    Thing is the heavy vehicles they are using are causing potholes everywhere as the village roads aren't used to this. scumbags the lot of em.

Comment

I once had to replace the oil sump in my fiat 124 spider as 10mph was too fast.

Cost £800 to hammer the sump back into shape.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
        Thing is the heavy vehicles they are using are causing potholes everywhere as the village roads aren't used to this. scumbags the lot of em.
        My C5 (hydro-pneumatic suspension) works well on speed bumps. At first it was quite disconcerting approaching a speed-bump at speed only to find that it was like droving over a hedgehog.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post

The local council are in the process of messing up my very nice village with speed bumps because the supplier paid them a fat bribe. So **** em. This weekend, I'm going out to buy the most polluting Range Rover Sport I can find so I won't even notice they are there. Hopefully poisoning as many of their children as possible in the process...
          FTFY
          Back at the coal face

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            Or a Jag :-)
            or an allegro

The added benifit of a square steering wheel

Comment

Working...
            X