• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Homeopathy under attack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the stats are there to say that symptoms are less acute after a period of homeopathy compared to no treatment, as such that is deemed a valid treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Well the stats are there to say that symptoms are less acute after a period of homeopathy compared to no treatment, as such that is deemed a valid treatment.
      Was the study carried out double blind, with control groups recieving placebo treatment? Was the study published in peer reviewed journals and repeated several times worldwide?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Was the study carried out double blind, with control groups recieving placebo treatment? Was the study published in peer reviewed journals and repeated several times worldwide?
        Well you accepted that treatment using homeopathy was successful in the last page...

Comment

My Mother-in-Law over in Ireland runs a homeopahic and accupuncture clinic. She seems to have done very nicely out of it.....!!

It doesnt work on me but I have seen our son benefit from some of the things she has done for him. It has turned me from a firm "non-believer" to at least just a "sceptic".

Comment

Well you accepted that treatment using homeopathy was successful in the last page...
            No, I accepted that a placebo can help in many cases and that homeopathy can have a placebo effect; that's pretty well known.

Comment

No, I accepted that a placebo can help in many cases and that homeopathy can have a placebo effect; that's pretty well known.
              So you are saying that treatment using homeopathy can work, what is the argument?

Comment

So you are saying that treatment using homeopathy can work, what is the argument?
                It can, just as well as a placebo works. Placebos can help reduce symptoms especially where there’s no serious underlying disease. I’d rather have a cure than something that reduces symptoms though.

Comment

And while we’re defying the laws of physics, we could go over to chef’s Bad Back thread and advise him that jumping from a high building might solve his back pain.
                  He won't be bothered about his back problem if he does.

Comment

It can, just as well as a placebo works. Placebos can help reduce symptoms especially where there’s no serious underlying disease. I’d rather have a cure than something that reduces symptoms though.
                    OK, we have got you to admit that treatment using homeopathy can work.

Comment

OK, we have got you to admit that treatment using homeopathy can work.
                      No. Placebos can work. Homeopathic shaken water could be used as a placebo. However, water taken straight from the tap, not shaken up and down and labeled ‘homeopathic magic water’ could be used as a placebo too.

Comment

Working...
                      X