• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most dangerous road in Britain to get speed cameras

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have yet to see a motorcycle joy-rider that doesn’t have his number plate bent up inside the mudguard or cover it with tape.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      I could go on, it's a dangerous road for many reasons and I wouldn't take my bike up there...
      I live just near and take my bike up there all the time, big shame they are putting these cameras up. Big bunch of fcking t0ssers.

They should make it TT style up there and open the roads only to bikers on Sundays.

Comment

Originally posted by neil987 View Post
        Is it just me, but I can never understand why, if the road is so dangerous, they never seem to do anything to make the road safer i.e. straighten some of the bad bends etc out by buying some of the land beside the road. Surely safety comes before money???
        A lot of the bends up there have been added for safety reasons. The old 'route one' road up there is still doable if you know where to turn off the main road but is full of blind summits and take-off zones.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Bunch of fookin wussies - that road used to be my playground when I lived in Macc, motorbike races to the Cat & Fiddle were part of growing up - no one got killed & I can't even recall anyone coming off -it's a superb road for scratching - I even had a Ford Corsair 2000 sideways on one of the bends, a mate lost it & rolled a Fiat 500(his mums) with 5 teenagers on board off one of the steep drops all walked away from it.

Hope those bikers who live around there grow some balls & can get their hands on some thermite
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
          X