• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working away from home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winston just said in two lines what it took me half a page to say

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      It's the quickest most efficient way for us to set things up for the future.

I don't like it, SWMBO doesn't like it but it's a means to an end.

Churchill - In "Cheerfulness in the face of adversity" mode!
      Pretty much what he said... means to an end.

It's new to me - the working away in the week thing, I mean. I'm finding that if I fill my evenings with stuff it's not so bad. Plus makes the weekends soooo much better.

If the only decent roles are down south then eventually, we'll have to consider making a move I suppose... but thats a little way down the line yet.

Maybe we need a CUK WAGs forum for us left at home
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        Winston just said in two lines what it took me half a page to say

Milan.
        Hey, don't beat yourself up about it little buddy! Have a (manly)

Comment

less of the little

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            my Mrs also knows we wouldn't have a fraction of the things we have if contracting was not there - take the passat as a case point
            Sometimes on CUK there's a post that just brightens up your day. This is one of them. Top work Milan
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Fortunately I've never had to work away from home on a regular basis. My unwillingness to do so probably meant my 2009 benched spell was longer than it could have been but I held out until I got something within a half hour commute.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                How do you / the other half cope with the fact that 4 nights a week you're away?
                Simple. I don't have one

Seriously though I'm like working away at the moment as I get to be really selfish and only care about myself. Just been asked to do a starts in April will involve working from 35 sites in Europe

Not sure I'd be up for doing that if I had to authorise it with her indoors.

Also I'd be convinced she's be ordered more milk, having the windows cleaned and breaking the fridge more than would strictly be necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  How do you / the other half cope with the fact that 4 nights a week you're away?
                  I drink beer, eat well, and sleep better.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    I drink beer, eat well, and sleep better.
                    WHS ++

Comment

I used to work away all the time now I work from home full time.

Nice working from home, and must be great if you have kids, but I sometimes miss the working away.

You get a few rumpled faces when you say that working away isn't so bad but I'm not really a home in the suburbs kind of guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X