• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU comes to Greece's rescue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Oh FFS, someone shoot him before he breeds!
    like that's going to happen.

Comment

The Eurozone needs to subsidise Greece, population 12 million, GDP $357 billion.

UK needs to subsidise Scotland, Wales, NI and everywhere north of Stevenage, population 40 million, GDP $1.50

I'd bet on the euro personally.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

EUR/GBP daily chart
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          much more fancy than my chart
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            The Eurozone needs to subsidise Greece, population 12 million, GDP $357 billion.

UK needs to subsidise Scotland, Wales, NI and everywhere north of Stevenage, population 40 million, GDP $1.50

I'd bet on the euro personally.
            That is the UK, pretty well. Without it, everywhere south of Stevenage would be an overpopulated hell-hole with no hinterland, no resources, and nobody to milk for the trough.
            Step outside posh boy

Comment

Expenditure

In 2003-04, the total expenditure for Scotland is estimated at £45.3 billion or 10 per cent of the UK total. This includes devolved and reserved spending in Scotland.

Revenue

In 2003-04, total receipts (the main contributions coming from Income tax, Corporation tax, VAT, Social Security contributions, Local Authority revenues) in Scotland are estimated at £34 billion, equivalent to 8.2 per cent of total UK receipts. This excludes North Sea oil revenues.

I'm assuming Wales is similar.
              Last edited by doodab; 11 February 2010, 14:43.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

£1 = 1.142 Euro...

Comment

This is something I've often wondered. Why are the main parties so opposed to cutting Scotland loose?
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    This is something I've often wondered. Why are the main parties so opposed to cutting Scotland loose?
                    Because although the peasants are revolting, it's quite a nice place.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                      Because they are all led by scotsmen. Cameron is 2nd generation though.

Comment

Working...
                      X