• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Electoral commission 'can't count in the evening'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    It gives Gordon Brown and Ed Balls more time to do a poo in every room of Number 10 before Brown hands it over to Cameron.

I bet they are really smelly ones as well, from those two.
    A nine banana poo is not going to be pleasant, that's for sure.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

There was a Returning Officer on the radio yesterday complaining about how they have to sit up until 2 a.m. or so and it's not fair on them.

a) it's once every few years;

b) why take the job, fckwit?

There was a government spokestwat complaining about how much it costs the taxpayer to pay council employees to work late doing the counting. That's odd. At both the local authorities I worked at when there was an election, they were all volunteers; and they were inundated with people willing to do it. At the first authority, the council got pizza delivered for the counters at the taxpayers' expense (£100 or so, presumably) and at the other they got nothing.

So it is all bollocks, lies and spin. As usual.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
      X