• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why don't men wear hats anymore?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Have I mentioned great uncle Bartholomew's pickelhaube?
    No, or cousin Max's SS stahlhelm.
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Someone once said you can measure the health of a society by the number of eccentrics that it tolerates. On my travels, for what it's worth, I note there now many more eccentrics in Germany than there are in the UK, where everyone seems to have the same aspirational consumerist ideas.
      Well observed.
      Step outside posh boy

Comment

all the hat stand companies were requisitioned to make munitions during the war. after the war they almagamated to form a division of bae. hat stands slowly dissapeared from offices through natural wastage but were not replaced. with nowhere to hang them hats became a nuisance and that is why nobody wears hats anymore.

Comment

I love hats! But convention dictates against wearing one all the time.

My 'Flat Cap' (farmer's) hat is my fave.

A wide-brimmed Barbour for when it's peeing down
          http://www.theoutdoorway.co.uk/Porta...ther%20hat.jpg

A Bushman's hat for the Summer (oh I love that hat, why do people laugh so when I wear it?)

A woolly beanie when it's really cold.

A few baseball caps from when I watched motor racing.

And this one for Christmas ! (SFW) (that's not me)

Comment

That's ridiculous! Now this is what I call a hat!!
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
            X