• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weird things you did as a kid...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoddY View Post
    I used to pretend I was an alchemist mixing toiletries in the bathroom sink creating sweet smelling chemical sludge.
    Er my daughter does this now! I blame Harry Potter
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I used to go round my mates house (who just happened to be of Chinese origin) and spend hours painting bamboo poles black with gold ends just so we could have 'Monkey Magic' style kung fu fights. Being Chinese and related to Bruce Lee he used take it very seriously, I only went along with it because his dad would give us a pound each for the chip shop.

We also used to do the alchemy thing with various household chemicals.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
        One lad we used to hang around with invented a game called tulipty finger.

Basically,he shoved his finger up his arse and tried to wipe it on people.

Didn't catch on.
        Sounds like the project manager at ClientCo.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Your finger ...?
          Yeah my finger! My thumb actually and almost half of my hand.

You may remember a TV programme called 'The boy David' who had a flesh eating decease? He was in the UK at the time and I was lucky enough to have his surgeon operate on my hand. That was in the early eighties.

Scars are still there but you'd hardly know, I'm very thankful.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            gave me a half chubber
            Ha ha ha you sick b@stard!!!
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              I used to go round my mates house (who just happened to be of Chinese origin) and spend hours painting bamboo poles black with gold ends just so we could have 'Monkey Magic' style kung fu fights. Being Chinese and related to Bruce Lee he used take it very seriously, I only went along with it because his dad would give us a pound each for the chip shop.

We also used to do the alchemy thing with various household chemicals.
              course he was.... His lesser known younger brother graham?
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I helped to get rid of weeds in the garden. I mixed weed killer and sugar together and spread it over the weeds. I then set light to it. One very black garden.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

We used to have snuff sniffing contests but the snuff was replaced with powders found in the kitchen. So you'd start with an easy cinnamon or a nutmeg and then gradually work up to the chilli and curry powders.

First one to sneeze or refuse the snuff was out.

Washing powder was the ultimate challenge (and probably the most unsafe).

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                    course he was.... His lesser known younger brother graham?
                    Any young Chinese boy would claim to be related to Bruce Lee, it stopped them getting beaten up.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X