• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weird things you did as a kid...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    you misunderstand the title. its NOT 'things you did when you were a weird kid'

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      you misunderstand the title. its NOT 'things you did when you were a weird kid'
      Shutit beardy!

Comment

We used to play "rabies". One person would have rabies, and the rest would be doctors and nurses (in conformity with gender stereotypes). The patient would chase the doctors and nurses and bite one, who then also had rabies. There was a lot of spitting involved, and, IIRC, smearing of spitty dirt over semi-naked bodies (I can't remember at what point the removal of clothes became part of the game - but we were only around seven years old!). The game continued until everyone had rabies, then we'd all die.

Oh happy days!
        Last edited by mudskipper; 5 February 2010, 14:25.

Comment

Another one was seeing if the number of see through knickers had incresed/decreased in the latest Kays catalogue
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Rabies

That's the clear winner so far. Odd things, kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
              Another one was seeing if the number of see through knickers had incresed/decreased in the latest Kays catalogue
              Only as a kid

Comment

We played "booby trap"- basically wrap an aerosol (doesn't matter what's in it) in layers of packaging, add in sellotape, wire etc. but leave a access panel so the "bomb could be detonated" ...aim of the game was to disassemble the device without triggering - of course the success criteria was entirely at the discretion of the referee who would detonate -i.e. release the contents whenever he felt like it

That game was stopped when the contents of an aerosol oven cleaner were released into the eyes of a junior sibling (for stupidly failing to realise the device had a trembler ) resulting in a visit to A&E and a belt to our backsides
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Cow tipping and seagull kite flying.

Cow tipping is a good old evening passtime. Creep up on a sleeping cow(for you city boys they sleep standing up you know) and giving it a bloody good shove. How we'd laugh when they hit the floor mooing!

And of course, seagull kite flying.

When fishing, bait a hook and throw it inland towards the waiting seagulls.Jiggle the bait a little until one of the little vermin catch hold, and then hang on for dear life as they fly up into the sky.

Quick way to use up all of your line of course.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Another thing was to capture flies in a jar- anaesthetise with cellulose thinners and glue stick their legs to bits of styrene fashioned after Vulcan (the plane) wings

watch them attempt to fly around as engines for your air planes

Wasps were better - more powerful and bonus also armed - but the buggers would spend most of the time stinging the styrene sheet rather than attempting to take to the air
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

When I was about ten, I watched 'beaches' with my mum, aunty, siblings and cousins. Right at the point where bette midler is about to snuff it, I tried to sneak out a sly guff, however for some reason it came out trumping like an elephant. My cousins p**sed themselves laughing, and my mum, unimpressed, said 'i think you need a poo'
                      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                      X