• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An Englishman's home is his castle Part 2: Who said British Justice is a shambles ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His mistake was not to have established his credentials as a pikey /traveller prior to building
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

To me the 'castle' looks quite nice so its not an eye sore and its his land.

The inspectors failed to detect it (ok it was camoflauged) for 4 years after which there should have been no grounds to demolish it but the council decided to ignore this rule.

Instead of tearing it down why don't they just do a proper asessment of the property for health and safety etc and then if it passes let the 60 year old bloke live the rest of his life in it, this is a special case.

Comment

When I first heard this on the radio (reported in a biased way in his favour) I thought "Ha, ha, good on him".
        Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        If he lived in an inner city and pulled a stunt that displayed such arrogant contempt for the law you'd all be calling him a worthless chav.
        Some years ago I lived next to a chav family where the head of the household was a violent nasty piece of work who scared the tulip out of the neigbourhood.

In his back garden was a supposed 'shed' with a huge blue heavy-duty pastlic sheet over the roof. I asked him to remove it because it make so much noise in windy weather that nobody could sleep in the back bedroom.

He never did remove it, because he didn't have planning permission to build this brick construction that came up to bedroom window height and was the size of 3 garages.

NF, you've convinced me. Why should it be OK for a farmer who can afford to build his 'castle' to ignore the law, but not the worthless chav scumbag I lived next to?

Maybe it is our inherent respect for the upper classes and our ingrained training teaches us this bloke is 'landed gentry' and therefore better than us? Or is it because we've become a nation of chavs?
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Part of me thinks good on him for doing it - living within a load of straw bales for 4 years can't have been fun and it sounds like he's pissed off the local jobsworth planning bods which is nice. But, you can't have people putting whatever building they want up. He knew there was a risk he'd be forced to pull it down and that risk has realised itself.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            he deliberately set out to 'get round' the planning laws - wasn't a case of ignorance or misunderstanding.
            Indeed. He knew what he was doing and now should face the consequences.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I remeber seeing a program about this . Think it might have been that Kevin Mccloud program. Thats It grand designs. The guy basically decided to flought the law. To be honest I hope its demolished. There are ways to get things like this done on the green belt but luckily money isn't the main decider, its how long you have lived on the land. etc etc. So you have to do the hardship to get your house legally. That being said knowing or being counceller helped someone I know to get a new build on there farm.

Comment

He's a worthless tuliphead who thinks that he's oh so ******* clever that he can do whatever he damn well pleases, and **** everybody else because he reckons he can get away with it.

If he lived in an inner city and pulled a stunt that displayed such arrogant contempt for the law you'd all be calling him a worthless chav.

**** him. I hope it bankrupts him.

back hurting Nick ?

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  back hurting Nick ?
                  My eyes are after seeing that abomination of a house-castle.

Doesn't look too bad from the front or back, but side on...
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

A stoopid and off the wall idea - but -

why dont they hire it out to a film company who are making a film about Robin Hood attacking a castle or something, and make a profit out of the demolition

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

He's a worthless tuliphead who thinks that he's oh so ******* clever that he can do whatever he damn well pleases, and **** everybody else because he reckons he can get away with it.

**** him. I hope it bankrupts him.

WHS. The man is spectacularly cretinous and/or arrogant (even by CUK standards )
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X